2RuleSynth is a free software synthesizer for Mac and Windows. It uses classical synthesis techniques - subtractive, FM and Ring, with LFOs and ADSR for every two independent oscillators. It also has a randomize button for experimental sound generation.
You can get it HERE
Stagecraft Software focus on bringing audio software into the future by getting away from hardware look-alike interfaces and towards more intuitive, responsive UI.
Explore new realms of musical composition and sound design. Created for real-world demands by their passionate team, MNTRA instruments are built on extensive experience in interactive audio and decades of collecting rare instruments and sounds from across the globe.
Some rules of the challenge
- Challenge to run from the 1st to the end of the last day, every month (Timezone: UTC-8 time )
- Unless specifically announced before the competition, you must use only one virtual synthesizer for all sounds including percussion. Layering several instances of the synth is allowed.
- Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest. Cover tracks are not permitted.
- Collaborations are allowed. The collaborators do not need to be KVR members.
- Max 1 submission per entrant (person or team)
- No track length limit
- Your entry may be edited / changed / updated as frequently as needed up to the deadline
- Commercial synth patches/soundbanks are not permitted
- OSC might request project files at any time. Failure to produce it upon request will lead to disqualification
(intellectual property respected with file used for examination only and destroyed immediately afterwards)